Monday 23 April 2012

Everlasting (Immortals #6) by Alyson Noel Review


3 STARS

Everlasting was a step up from it's last several preceding books.(SPOILERS!)

I believe the series could of been better if the series had only been 3 or 4 books instead of 6. I felt that the plot for the series was way dragged out and the characters repetively made the same mistakes and did not learn from them. Ever was overly shallow in this series but she was much more tolerable in this book from middle to the end.

But I am not saying I completely hate this book as it did have it's good spots. I loved the whole spirituality behind it and that the soul is immortal and not the body and there are consequences to immortality and the characters actually chose a mortal life over an immortal one.

I really enjoyed reading the first life that started this whole story for the characters and how it interlinked with not only Ever and Damen but nearly the whole cast of characters. Instead of Ever really giving me a headache it was Damen, he just seemed to not learn anything at all and never putting trust into Ever when he is always on her about her not trusting him. Seriously, what the hell? I was literally shouting at him when he said the Tree of Life didn't exist and refused to believe it did, because it okay to believe there is a drink that makes you not age or die and manifest objects out of air but a magical tree is impossible?

Ever was annoying me with her normal stupidity in the beginning, this was the long awaited character development I was waiting for in the other 5 books. She didn't run away from her mistakes and *shock horror* wanted to graduate and make things up with her aunt.

But again as I said earlier this series should of been 3 or 4 books considering how small every book is this would be an easy feat to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment