Monday 2 April 2012

Deadly Cool (Deadly Cool #1) by Gemma Halliday

Deadly Cool (Deadly Cool, #1)

Note: This was originally reviewed in March and appeared on my goodreads.

5 Stars
First off the cover is so beautiful I could stare at it for ages.
I absolutely love Hartley she is so hilarious espeacially in the bedroom scene (you will know what I mean when you read it), I was so engrossed I was trying to unsuccessfully resist laughing so she wouldn't get caught.
I also loved Sam and Chase who were awesome sidekicks for Hartley and god Chase why can't you be real?
Although I figured who the killer was way before it was revealed I still however got caught up in the suspense with Hartley waiting on the edge of my seat for it to be revealed.
Although there was some pop cult references it wasn't completely overwhelming like in other books *cough* House Of Night *cough*
I love how it was such a simple plot and yet different from what other mysteries I have read and watched.
There wasn't a lot of romance but enough that I was thought was satisfying and still left me hungry for more. (Come on Social Suicide be out already!)
So anyone who wants to get their adrenaline pumping but still want to have a good laugh pick up this book, I promise you won't regret it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay, I'm glad you loved this! This one totally took me by surprise. :) I think you'll enjoy the sequel SOCIAL SUICIDE, too, although this one's still my fave.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete