Monday 2 April 2012

Flying Blind (Dragon Diaries #1) by Deborah Cooke




Note: This was originally reviewed in March and appeared on my goodreads

5 Stars
What else can I say, I absolutely loved this book.
I havn't read any dragon books before this but it was definitely worth venturing through and I couldn't of asked for a perfect book to go into as a newbie dragon reader.
I will have to get my hands on the next book and I also found out it is actually a spin off so I better find the original book series while I am at it.(although it is not necessary to when reading this.)
All the characters were greatly developed and all weren't cast aside they all had a significance and a role to play in the story.
Zoe's point of view was great to read from and I definitely felt like a 15-year-old girl again except with awesome dragon powers.
There was enough romance that was satisfying but wasn't the whole plot of the book and I think was built up perfectly.
I love that Zoe had to work at her powers and they weren't given to her on a silver platter and other characters particularly Jared telling her to not expect her powers to come if she isn't even going to try and work at them.
Zoe was very intelligent at times and I loved watching her grow immensely throughout the book and wasn't bothered by her mistakes since there was consequences to her actions.
Although it is a spin off I didn't feel like I had missed out on anything and I understood what was going on.
I honestly recommend this book to anyone because I now want to read more dragon stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment