Monday 2 April 2012

Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta


Note: This was originally reviewed in March and appeared on my goodreads.

4 Stars
I don't know how Melina does it but I just love this.

I remember reading Looking for Alibrnadi and wondering how she was going to top that. Saving Francesca was just great, the characters were all flawed in their own unique ways but I was still able to love them. Melina incorporated issues discussed in the book perfectly.

I just love reading Australian books, makes me feel at home and like a conversation I would have with my friends. I also liked how Francesca was friends with several guys and there was no romance or anything sexual with them like so many other books have.

Francesca's friends reminded me so badly of my group of friends and how they interacted with each other.

Francesca and Will's relationship wasn't over dramatic and overly romantic it felt like a realistic teenage relationship.

Francesca's family wasn't perfect and there was conflict amongst her and her Dad a lot through the course of the book and came to a better understanding of each other. Her Mum's depression was written perfectly and I actually learnt a bit more about depression and how a depressed person functions

No comments:

Post a Comment