Monday 2 April 2012

Shut Out by Kody Keplinger


Note: This was orginally reviewed in March and appeared on my goodreads.

5 Stars
I am in love with Kody's books. I am happy that Shut Out is just as amazing as The Duff.
Flawed characters that I still loved and cared for. The secondary characters all had great depth and weren't 2 dimensional like in most novels.
Lissa was a great POV to read from espeacially seeing how much her mum's death has effected her and isn't something just brushed aside.
Chole was absolutely hilarious and made me laugh everytime.
All the girls were actually very interesting and hearing their stories.
This brought up so many topics that I question myself and often bug me that they are just brushed off in literature as well as when talking to people about it. Espeacially the gender roles of it not being okay for a girl to have had sexual interactions with severeal guys but the other way around is okay, but is still weird for a girl to be a virgin.(espeacially in reference to Chloe and Shane)
The way these topics were brought up were done maturely and yet sounded like it was said by a teenager and was discussed among the girls was great.
Cash, I love this guy. There is so many things I could say about him but this would get too long.
I am defintely going to make all my friends and everyone I see read this book so if you see a crazy chick on the street running at you with this book, it's me.
Can't wait for A Midsummer's Nightmare to come out so I can read more of Kody's fabulous writing

No comments:

Post a Comment