Monday 2 April 2012

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy #1) by Kiersten White


Note: This was originally reviewed back in January and originally appeared on my goodreads.
4 Stars
When I bought this book, I didn't think I would enjoy reading it as much as I did. It was a great breath of fresh air from the usual paranormal fantasy books currently out there.
I really loved Evie even though I don't really enjoy girly girls as much but Kiersten White wrote her beautifully that I couldn't help but love her. She is probably the most realistic 16-year-old teenager I have read in a long time and she didn't make stupid decisions to make her situation worse than it is. Although she wasn't physically strong with badass skills, she was still able to still use the abilities she had to get out dangerous situations and save others.
I loved the slow built up of her relationship with Lend instead declaring their love for each other on the spot which come on is not realistic and not something two teenagers would do.
Evie's emotions were well conveyed, I really felt her loneliness in the IPCA and especially her fear of Reth who really scared me at times and was happy that Evie didn't stick around with him and left him as soon as she saw for what he was instead of other heroines who think they are "nice" and are just hiding their "true self".
I will definitly need to get the 2nd book 'Supernaturally'

No comments:

Post a Comment