Wednesday 27 June 2012

A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger Review



4.5 STARS

Kody Keplinger just when I think your writing can't get better you prove me wrong.

A Midsummer's Nightmare revolves around the life of 18-year-old Whitley Johnson. The first chapter starts off with her waking up with a hangover the morbing after her high school graduation party where she soon realises she slept with a guy she doesn't know and when he asks for her number she blows him off. She soon leaves for the summer to be with her dad but finds out he has gotten engaged. Not only will she be gaining a stepmum but two stepsiblings but that isn't it, her soon to be stepbrother is the guy she slept with on graduation night.

I flew through this book I just loved Whitley. She definitely wasn't perfect and a big party girl and has done a lot of things she isn't proud of as well as can't remember. But Whitley was a very interesting character, I could definitely understand why she does these things and actually felt really sorry for her. She also was very hilarious and how can you not love someone that is funny?

It was so sweet seeing her stepmum and stepsiblings trying to make her feel welcome and trying to get to know her despite her horrible behaviour to them. Sylvia was so sweet to Whitley but definitely knew when to put her foot down (she actually reminds me of my mum). Bailey was so cute and adorable, I could see why Whitley couldn't say 'no' to her. Nathan was still looking out for her despite her rejecting him. The chemistry was crazy between these two. Honestly when going into this book I was a bit irked by this relationship but I was definitely wrong. Their scenes were just amazing and hot.

Harrison why do you have to be gay? Just an awesome guy and definitely a good friend for Whitley. Particularly in a certain scene[when harrison saved whitley from being raped (hide spoiler)] he stole my heart, he honestly had to be one of my favourite characters and everyone should have someone like him in their lives.

All I can say is her parents are absolute assholes espeacially her dad he needs to have a connection with my fist to his face.

However I found the ending a bit rushed and the resolution to come too quickly for me to believe it. Their just seemed to be a character change in a certain character[her dad (hide spoiler)] that I just didn't believe they would change their mind that much. It also seemed Keplinger tried to make them in depth and have a soul but no I still believe they have no soul.

But other than that I loved the shit out of this book so you all should check it out, it will be your loss if you don't

No comments:

Post a Comment