Wednesday 27 June 2012

Specials (Uglies #3) by Scott Westerfeld Review



5 STARS

This was such a great ending to Tally's story it was just so awesome.

Specials is the 3rd book in the Uglies series where we see Tally Youngblood now turned into a Special. With Shay she is hellbent on catching the Smokies particularly David and bring them back to be changed whether they like it or not. But the old Tally is still lingering there not ready to quit yet.

This world just gets more and more amazing each book. Reading from Tally as a Special was just amazing. Specials remind me of human terminators. They are nearly indestructable and I admittedly wouldn't mind being one myself.

Instead of being "bubbly" we now have "icy" which is nice to see Westerfeld still keeping the slang. It was interesting seeing how cutting was introduced into this world and was used for mostly the same purpose as actual cutters.

Tally was awesome as usual and I am quite shocked that instead of hating the heroine by the end of the series I think I am more in love with her character than I was to begin with. The shit she went through was both heartwrenching and awestrucking. She was able to be a strong character and go through some very traumatic events in a very realistic way.

I actually loved the ending and think that is exactly how it should of ended. So Scott Westerfeld let me just say you are fucking amazing and people should read more of your books.

No comments:

Post a Comment